- Assisted with the development and passage of legislation to allow commercial horse packing in Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks in response to a lawsuit against the National Park Service by the High Sierra Hikers.
- Respond to campground prospectuses with content that is non-conforming with national direction.
- Provided written testimony regarding FLREA to the House Subcommittee on House Natural Resources Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands and the House Natural Resources Subcommittee on Water and Power.
- Participated on the Giant Sequoia National Monument Plan Collaborative –Recreation Council.
- Participated in the lawsuit filed by High Sierra Hikers vs. the Forest Service – through intervenor status – regarding special use permits for commercial pack stations and outfitter-guides in the John Muir and Ansel Adams Wilderness Areas.
- Work with Senators and Congressmen on wording for wilderness legislation to provide for the continuation of the historic uses of commercial pack and saddle stock use.
- Attend and participate in Great Outdoors Week in Washington DC.
- Funded a grant program for NFRA members sponsoring ‘More Kids to the Woods’ programs.
- Participated and hosted representatives from Australia – Lands Department and Caravan & Camping Association – who were touring the United States to learn about private and public campgrounds and RV Parks.